In recent years, Chakra balancing as a healing modality has gained significant popularity among the new age group. With its origins in Tantric traditions, Chakra balancing is considered as a very powerful method to remove spiritual and physical blockages. In my blog “Imbalances of Chakras: My Experience” I have narrated my life changing personal experience with Chakra healing.
Until few months back I use to spend more than an hour a day for balancing my Chakra system through meditation or Reiki. After a couple of weeks of doing this, I started to wonder if there was a more efficient method of energy healing. It was during my classes for Angel Therapy that I came across pendulum as an efficient tool for my healing regimes. Now, it has been three months since I first started using pendulum and I feel blessed to have come across such a friendly tool of divination. In this blog I am sharing my own methodology for using Crystal Pendulum as healing tool.
What is a Pendulum?
A pendulum is a symmetrically conical object that hangs from a cord or a chain. Pendulums have been a common tool of divination due to its inherent nature of easily being able to pick energy fluctuations around places or people. Its ability to instantly connect to subtle energy makes it a favorite tool within the intuitive sciences. Its quick reactions towards human intuition makes it a tool best suited for people who wish to practice energy healing without spending too much time in the processes.
I use this method on weekly basis for tackling minor energy blockages. However, I take help of Angels for resolving major energy constrictions.
Why “Crystal” Pendulum?
Although one can use a pendulum made up of any heavy material, however I prefer the ones made of crystals. My preference for Crystal Pendulum is based on the strong healing powers of crystals. Part of the mineral kingdom since 4.6 billion years, Crystals have been used for spiritual healing since hundreds of years.
These seemingly inert pieces of rock have surprising ability to form a quick bond to connect to human intuition to offer healing and guidance. Used as a pendulum, they become a highly effective tool for healing.
Type of Crystal Pendulum
There are a number of crystal pendulums available online and in the market. While I ordered my 7 Chakra Healing Pendulum from amazon.com, you may choose to buy any kind of crystal from a retailer of your choice.
It is important that while buying a crystal pendulum the chain connected to the base of the pendulum is attached to its center. I once came across a pendulum which had the chain connected a bit off from the centre and as a result the pendulum swung lopsided. This can affect the movement of energy during the healing process. So take care.
Crystal pendulums work through the strength of your intuition. Any kind of unresolved emotion or bias will negatively impact the natural flow of your intuition. This will be quickly picked upon by your crystal pendulum in the form of wrong movement. Therefore, it is pertinent that while using a pendulum one must balance their emotional state in order to get an accurate reading. This can be done by using any relaxing or grounding method.
In order to clear my mind, I practice a Pranayama based breathing exercise called the 4-7-8 technique. Here you take a deep inhale lasting for 4 seconds, then you hold your breath for 7 seconds, and finally release your breath on a count of 8. You may do this for 5 to 7 rounds to achieve a state of complete equanimity.
Charging your Crystal Pendulum
Once you have bought your crystal pendulum, you need to first charge it and then connect with it. Crystals being sensitive to even subtlest of energy can end up depleting their strength if not reinvigorated regularly. Like Superman, negative thoughts act like kryptonite on crystals and positive thoughts act like the Sun.
A simple method to charge your crystal is to dip it in a glass with salted water for 10-15 minutes. You may choose to place the glass in the sun or under the full moon to further amplify its energy.
Another method is to keep it under the fumes of camphor or sage leaves.
Programming your Crystal Pendulum
Programming of your pendulum is pertinent in order to synchronize your vibes with that of your pendulum. There are a number of programming techniques one can easily find over the internet; however I have outlined the method I use with every pendulum and crystal that I use.
- Hold your crystal pendulum between the palms of your hands and bring it near your heart. Look at it with an eye of admiration, respect and love and then set an intention that you will use this pendulum for betterment of self and humanity. At this moment some people intuitively get a name for their crystal pendulum. Like my intuition decided to call my pendulum as “Gyaneshwar” i.e. the knowledgeable one.
- Hold the chain of the pendulum around 3 inches above the base with your thumb and index finger. For better stability, one should rest the elbow either on other hand or an armrest.
- Traditionally forward swing represents “Yes” and sideways as “No”. However, intuition works relatively, therefore one should rather find out their intuitive Yes and No. I do this by simply asking, “Please give me my Yes” and it will respond to you by moving either sideways or back and forth. You should do the same with “No”. Note! You may not get an immediate response, so don’t feel disheartened and keep focusing on the pendulum, repetitively asking it for communication.
- Once you have identified your “yes” and “no”, you can move ahead to instruct it to move “clockwise” or “counter-clockwise”. Here you can play with it by quickly changing your instructions. This can be quiet fun for starters.
Pendulum for Balancing Chakras
Chakras are basically subtle energy centres moving in circular motion that are present across our entire body. There are primarily 7 such main Chakras, running from the base of the spine, up towards the centre of the skull. Each has its own set of colour, physical, emotional and spiritual association. A healthy Chakra flow is usually in clock-wise direction and unhealthy one is recognized by anti-clockwise flow.
Steps to Balance your Chakras
- Sit on a chair or on the ground. Keep your pendulum in front of your Root Chakra and ask the pendulum “Is my root chakra blocked?” If it says “yes” then instruct the pendulum to move in counter-clockwise direction for releasing the blockages. After doing it for 2-4 minutes instruct it to “stop”. And then tell the pendulum to move in clockwise direction for restoring back the healthy flow for another 2-4 minutes.
- Progressively move upwards till you reach crown chakra.
- In areas of deep blockage, the Pendulum will start moving anti-clockwise without any instructions. Allow it to happen.
- Incase of balanced Chakras , you may choose to simply energize the Chakra by having the pendulum swing in Clockwise direction or skip the step entirely.
- Once you have finished balancing all your Chakras, keep the pendulum next to your heart and thank it for the service it has provided you and safely keep it in a box or a case.
For beginners in the field of holistic healing, Crystal pendulum are great eye-openers to the realm of energy healing. Their sensitivity to human intuition makes them a great tool of divination and healing. I would love to hear from all those who make use of the information presented here.
Love and light to all!